Production Engineering is daily looking for ways to produce our Daikin products as efficiently as possible. This is done by setting up new manufacturing processes and streamlining the production and logistical processes in close co-operation and regular communication with the various manufacturing departments at Daikin Europe N.V.
You will join the Production Engineering team. This department daily designs solutions to make production and internal logistics more efficient. Production Engineering also take the lead in launching new products in our factory.
Your daily tasks will include:
- You analyse our production methods by linking process with technics. You search for opportunities to technically improve the manufacturing of our products and our product line. These improvements can be safety, quality, cost, delivery or environment related and can be situated along the total value chain.
- Total project management of the assigned improvement projects, starting from proof of concept to project planning and execution up till project closure (continuous PDCA - check merit collection)
- Specifying, purchasing, testing, start-up, implementing and cost controlling of the proposed investments. You’ll evaluate and report the current state of the process on a regular basis.
- The function is performed in day shift. Occasionally, some flexibility can be asked for exceptional situations.
Your job requires you to proactively think about improvements and innovations. Close co-operation with the operational production department and consulting with the design, quality and purchasing departments is also part of your day to day tasks.
- You have a master in industrial engineering preferably with a mechanical or electro-mechanical specialization.
- You have a strong technical interest and mechanical affinity.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English is a must.
- You combine analytical thinking with a solution-oriented approach.
- You are persistent in realizing your targets and you have a strong eye for details.
- You are a team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with others.
- Lean knowledge/experience or an industrial engineering education is a plus.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job in an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.