Daikin Europe NV is the Head Office for the Daikin Group in EMEA. Together with the Coordination Center, we are located in Ostend and we are currently looking for a tax officer to assist us in managing indirect and direct tax compliance.
You will be following up tax compliance processes for Daikin Europe NV and different group entities that are handled within our Coordination Center for:
- Value added tax (VAT)
- Corporate income tax (CIT)
- Other taxes (e.g. Withholding tax returns, forms 281.50, local taxes, ...)
- Transfer Pricing
- Critical review of VAT returns (and other relevant filings) prepared by the outsourcing partner and verify the questioned transactions
- Maintain and ensure correct VAT set-up in our SAP-system and the VAT reporting tool
- Provide VAT advice to the business, which will mainly involve chain transactions
- Contribute to projects and interact with different stakeholders
- Ensure compliance by following-up individual country regulations and changes in legislation, both in direct as indirect tax matters
- Calculate the corporate income tax provisions in Belgium and prepare the income tax returns
- Review foreign corporate income tax provisions and returns
- Support tax audits with cross-border tax aspects
- Follow-up of the transfer pricing rules for the group and make recommendations considering the increased BEPS requirements
- You have a Master's degree in economics, law and/or taxation.
- You have 2-5 years of relevant professional indirect tax experience with a Big 4 firm or a multinational company with exposure to Pan-EU VAT compliance.
- Good working knowledge of VAT within the EU is necessary.
- You have a strong SAP-knowledge with knowledge of the VAT parameters, technical mindset.
- You have an accurate compliance mind set.
- You are eager to learn and to develop your knowledge in direct tax and transfer pricing.
- You have excellent oral and written English skills.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates it's people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits