As a supplier quality engineer, you are a member of the Quality control department of Daikin Europe. This department is responsible for the quality control activities in the Ostend factory, including the supplier quality activities.
Your colleagues from the quality assurance center EMEA ( Europe Middle East & Africa), manage the product quality claims they receive from the Daikin European network of affiliates and distributors.
When they detect that a product quality claim is caused by one of our suppliers, you will contact the supplier to set up an action plan in order to countermeasure the problem.
- If a supplier product quality claim occurs, you will contact or visit the supplier in order to come to an action plan to countermeasure the issue for mass production, stock and field installed units.
- During the root cause analysis you will check the suppliers process, where required join the analysis of defect parts, and have a technical discussion to achieve a thorough understanding of the cause.
- When the root cause has been detected, you will confirm that the supplier process has been updated to prevent re-occurrence of the issue.
- After the issue is technically solved, you will benefit from your strong negotiation skills to come to an agreement about the financial responsibility.
- Being responsible for supplier field claims, you will not only co-operate with the supplier, but also with the related QC, design and service departments.
- It goes without saying that you will assure our products to keep the high Daikin Quality Standard. You organize and coordinate monthly supplier field claim meetings with members of the Quality teams in the different factories to follow up the progress on your dossiers.
- Your function has an European dimension. You are prepared to frequently take short trips abroad.
- You are an industrial engineer preferably with electro-mechanical specialisation.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is an asset. (casting, moulding, painting,…)
- You are a solution-oriented go-getter, with an analytical mind.
- You communicate fluently with the suppliers and EMEA factories.
- In a context of conflicting interests, you will negotiate with suppliers until an acceptable agreement is reached.
- You like to work as a team and have strong administrative skills.
- You’re looking forward to make regular foreign business trips.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), knowledge of any other European language is an asset.
- You are an MS-Office literate.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.