The Product Development Section is part of the EMEA Development Centre. For new developments the engineers communicate and collaborate closely with the related manufacturing and design groups to development new technologies from initial concept to prototype.
Daikin recently established “advanced development” groups, focussing on either heating or air conditioning products. The advanced development groups initiate the conceptual design of new products, while the other development teams more focus on improving and adjusting existing products.
As conceptual product design engineer, you will be involved in the advanced development of heating products, taking into account the requirements of the different stakeholders (customers, manufacturing…). You are the link between the local department teams (Design, Quality, Production, Sales, Procurement).
Your responsibilities are:
- Generate new design solutions from initial concept to prototype to meet the market requirements, specifically related to the technical design of products
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities for products taking into account quality, cost optimization, standardization, compatibility..
- Visualize concepts/designs in 3D
- Design and evaluate prototype parts and assemblies for engineering tests and qualification
- Take ownership of your projects (coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, budget control, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved..)
- Define the product specifications
- Ensure accuracy and update of design documentations (3D drawings, engineering notices, Bill of Material..)
- Lead technical discussions with internal clients and external suppliers/manufacturers
- Discuss regularly the technical status and progress with your management
- Providing training to R&D engineers with respect to technical, mechanical design
- You have a Master degree engineering / Product Design (mechanical design)
- This position is open to both recent graduates and candidates with experience.
- Your interest lies in the technical design of products, more than the esthetical.
- You have a creative mind and eager to look for innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of SolidEdge is an asset
- You have a strong analytical background
- You are able to work in an autonomous manner and to take initiative
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, set priorities and guard deadlines
- You master the art of constructive dialogue
- Good knowledge of English is essential
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.