The EMEA Electrics and control department , located in Ghent - Technology Park, is one of the fastest growing departments and is part of the EMEA Development Center.
The Department is responsible for :
- Development of embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry.
- Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to manage, steer, … our complete range.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & Maintenance and Support & Infrastructure (inclusive testing).
To strengthen the Support & Infrastructure Section, we are looking for a Software Validation Engineer.
- You identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to test our software and identify potential problems in our test strategy.
- You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- You define test strategies, make test plans and coordinate the execution (manual & automatic) for our range of software products (Apps, Cloud/PC, embedded).
- You plan/agree on actions in collaboration with the Software Project Leaders and coordinate all test activities done by our external partners.
- You hold a master’s degree in a software development or related area;
- You have at least additional experience in two of the following domains:
- Software testing (ISTQB)
- Test automation (Jenkins, Jmeter, RobotFramework…)
- Electronics & Embedded software
- Python proficiency (tools)
- Network technologies ((W)Lan, IP, ref. MDNS, …)
- Multiple platforms (PC: Windows, Mac, Linux; Mobile: IOS, Android)
- You like to take initiative, work in close collaboration with fellow developers & test engineers and share your ideas and knowledge;
- You possess analytical skills and eye for detail and quality;
- You are communicative and assertive when required;
- You are fully conversational in English.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. Our office is located on top of one of the highest buildings in the Technology Park and has an inspiring 360° view on Gent and its surroundings.
We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.