Short after the establishment of the European Design Center (EDC), the EMEA Electrics and control department was created. It is one of the fastest growing departments in order to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located in Ghent, Technology Park.
Today the role of this new department is twofold:
- Develop embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. Also we prepare them to connect to each other to step into the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Typical examples are: a new User Interface MMI on our Altherma products, gateways to connect to our cloud and aApp, stylish remote controller with App control.
- Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to manage, steer, … our complete range. Especially for the residential market, we are in the process to incorporate the products into one App. Typical examples are: the online controller App, the residential and commercial cloud.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & Maintenance and Support & Infrastructure (inclusive testing).
To strengthen the Support & Infrastructure Section, we are looking for a Software Test Automation Engineer.
As a Software Test Automation Engineer, you identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to test our software and identify potential problems in our test strategy.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
You define test strategies, make test plans and coordinate the execution (manual & automatic) for our range of software products ( Apps, Cloud/PC, embedded).
You plan and agree on actions in collaboration with the Software Project Leaders.
- Define test strategies for our different products, including the tools needed to automate the testing
- Lead/collaborate on improving developer and engineering team's test coverage and release velocity
- Work closely with development teams in instrumenting their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage and quality
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses an automated test framework and infrastructure as necessary
- Coordinate test execution in sync with planned software releases
- You hold a master’s degree in a software development or related area;
- You have at least additional experience in two of the following domains:
- Software testing (ISTQB)
- Test automation (Jenkins, Jmeter, RobotFramework…)
- Electronics & Embedded software
- Python proficiency
- Network communication (TCP/UDP/…) and related security (SSL)
- Multiple platforms (PC: Windows, Mac, Linux; Mobile: IOS, Android)
- Embedded software
- Test automation (Jenkins, Gmeter,…)
- Python proficienty
- You like to take initiative, work in close collaboration with fellow developers & test engineers and share your ideas and knowledge;
- You possessess analytical skills and eye for detail and quality;
- You are communicative and assertive when required;
- You are fully conversational in English.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.