Production Engineering is daily looking for ways to produce our Daikin products as efficiently as possible. This is done by setting up new manufacturing processes and streamlining the production and logistical processes in close co-operation and regular communication with the various manufacturing departments at Daikin Europe N.V.
You will join the Production Engineering team. Production Engineering takes the lead in launching new products in our factory and is designing solutions to make our production and internal logistics more efficient.
Today we're looking for an enthusiastic Project Engineer.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Manufacturing project lead for introduction of new products, managing all manufacturing deliverables from product assembly evaluation till final mass production. You will have an important role as contact person with other departments such as Design, Procurement, Quality and Production, whereby you will acquire a good insight to the whole Daikin development process.
- Search for opportunities to improve the manufacturing of our products. These improvements can be safety, quality, cost, delivery or environment related and can be situated along the total value chain.
- Total project management of the assigned improvement projects, starting from proof of concept to project planning and execution up till project closure (continuous PDCA - check merit collection)
- Specifying, purchasing, implementing and cost controlling of the proposed investments
- Your job requires you to proactively think about improvements and innovations. Close co-operation with the operational production department and consulting with the design, quality and purchasing departments is also part of your day to day tasks.
- You have a master degree in engineering.
- Lean knowledge or experience in an industrial environment is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English is a must and you communicate easily with your colleagues in an international context.
- You combine analytical thinking with a result-oriented approach.
- You are persistent in realizing your targets.
- You are able to coordinate and motivate your project team to realize the project deliverables.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.