Short after the establishment of the European Design Center (EDC), the EMEA Electrics and control department was created. It is one of the fastest growing departments in order to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located in Ghent, Technology Park.
Today the role of this new department is twofold:
- Develop embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. Also we prepare them to connect to each other to step into the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Typical examples are: a new User Interface MMI on our Altherma products, gateways to connect to our cloud and aApp, stylish remote controller with App control.
- Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to manage, steer, … our complete range. Especially for the residential market, we are in the process to incorporate the products into one App. Typical examples are: the online controller App, the residential and commercial cloud.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & Maintenance and Support & Infrastructure (inclusive testing).
As Product Owner you are part of a team responsible for the design and development of cloud solutions for the different Daikin product ranges.
- You work closely together with our stakeholders to define and maintain use cases and product requirements for our cloud solutions. You set and balance priorities across sales, the development team and customer support.
- You work together with our architects and team members to provide the necessary input to the (external) development teams. In case of SCRUM developments, you define the user stories together with the development team.
- You represent Daikin on the project meetings with the (external) development teams and as such you are in charge for managing the quality, cost and delivery time of these development teams.
- You are in charge of defining and enforcing the way of working with the (external) development teams.
- You report a clear status to the project leader and business stakeholders. You can take up the role of project leader for projects with a smaller project team.
- You have a Master Degree or PhD in electronics or IT, with a specific interest in software development.
- You are a strong communicator with a positive attitude. You strive for consensus.
- You have experience with agile development, for example as scrum master.
- You have a strong interest or a proven track record in subjects like Internet of Things, machine to machine communication, App development, building management systems, smart grid …
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You have experience in coordinating projects.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.