Feel like taking on new (international) horizons? Then we might have the perfect job for you at Daikin Europe!
Production Engineering is daily looking for ways to produce the Daikin units as efficiently as possible. This is done by setting up new manufacturing processes and streamlining the production and logistical processes in close co-operation and regular communication with the various manufacturing departments at Daikin Europe NV.
To strengthen the Production Engineering Department, we're looking for an enthusiastic process engineer who will start his or her career in a global project in co-operation with our Japanese head quarter. After a few months of introduction in our Ostend factory, you will be assigned for a period of 1 year to one of our Japanese factories to grasp in depth technical knowledge concerning new manufacturing processes that we’re developing right at this moment. In 2019 the same new technology should be operational in our Ostend factory as well.
After the training period in Japan, your job in Daikin Europe will consist of:
- Applying your gained knowledge and experience during your training at start-up of the new production line in the Ostend factory
- Searching for opportunities to improve the manufacturing processes
- Managing the assigned projects from concept to execution up till project closure (continuous PDCA).
- Specifying, purchasing, implementing and cost controlling of the proposed investments
- Involving, motivating and convincing people to realize improvements and execute these together with them.
Your job requires you to proactively think about improvements and innovations. Closely working with the operational production department and consulting with the design, quality and purchasing departments is also part of your day to day tasks.
- You are an industrial or civil engineer with a high technical interest.
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch is a must and you communicate easily with your colleagues in an international context.
- You’re open minded for other cultures and are flexible to spend a period of minimum 1 year in Japan.
- You are persistent, dynamic, team-oriented and stress resistant. You are inquisitive and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with others.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.