The EMEA Development Center develops products for the different product pillars of Daikin, and for the different factories in Europe. To be able to make the correct developments, a good knowledge of the market of residential air-conditioning market is necessary for the different regions (Europe, upcoming markets and the Middle East). This is the responsibility of the EU Marketing department, based in Brussels.
As a Market Analyst Officer within the EU Marketing department, you are responsible for a wide variety of activities:
- Collection, structuring and analysing market data. The market analyst is responsible to support the making of the long term business plan, the yearly budget cycle plans and the daily follow up of the sales activities. In view of these, the Market Analyst collects the data of the market, turns it into useful information and makes it available in a format that makes executive decision making possible. The Market Analyst should also analyse and follow up the sales results and the activities of the affiliates.
- Budget, sales support and analysis. In the annual budget cycles affiliates present their future direction in the product and price meetings. These meetings are to be supported by the Market Analyst: create the structure of reporting for the affiliates in order to make the future analysis and evaluation easier. The Market Analyst will evaluate the effect on sales quantity, value and gross margin. Once the budget cycle is started and agreed, affiliates request support to the Market Analyst when market conditions change or occur.
- Product Launch Review meetings. This meeting follows the product development status until the launch of a product in order to guarantee that all commercial, technical, logistical and legal elements are available to guarantee a fluent sales start. The Market Analyst will coordinate these meetings.
- You have a master degree, with an economical orientation, affinity with sales and data.
- You can rely on experience in a similar HQ function or you have a mature profile.
- You have strong analytic skills, technical and sales related.
- You have a fluent and easy communication style. Good knowledge of English is a must.
- You like to receive a framework to work in without the need of specific instructions.
- You like a diversity of tasks and know how to set priorities.
- You have a wish to report and contact management of the own organisation and of the affiliate network.
- An international context attracts you and you are willing to travel up to 25% of your time in order to get to know the market.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefit, a car can be part of the package.