Production Engineering is daily looking for ways to produce our Daikin products as efficiently as possible. This is done by setting up new manufacturing processes and streamlining the production and logistical processes in close co-operation and regular communication with the various manufacturing departments at Daikin Europe N.V.
You will join the Production Engineering team. This department daily designs solutions to make production and internal logistics more efficient. Production Engineering also takes the lead in launching new products in our factory.
Today we're looking for an enthusiastic Logistic Process/Project Engineer.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Manufacturing point of contact for continuous logistic improvement.
- Mapping the current state (layout, way of working, parts flow, packaging standard, …), and in-line with the logistic operational and strategic targets identifying opportunities to improve the logistical processes needed to produce our products. For each opportunity you will detail different concepts proposals and agree with all stakeholders on projects to execute.
- Total project management of the assigned improvement projects, starting from proof of concept to project planning and execution up till project closure (continuous PDCA - check merit collection)
- Checking logistical aspects for new products to be launched.
- You will have an important role as contact person with other departments such as Procurement, Quality and Production, whereby you will acquire a good insight to the whole Daikin logistic challenges and requirements.
- Specifying, purchasing, implementing and cost controlling of the proposed investments.
Your job requires you to proactively think about improvements and innovations. Close co-operation with the operational production department and consulting with the quality, production control and purchasing departments is also part of your day to day tasks.
- You have a master degree in engineering.
- Lean knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English is a must and you communicate easily with your colleagues in an international context.
- You combine analytical thinking with a solution-oriented approach.
- You are persistent in realizing your targets.
- You are a team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with others.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.