The legal department of Daikin Europe N.V. is looking for a Legal Administrator to strengthen its team in Ostend.
As Legal Administrator, you will work in the legal department of Daikin Europe N.V. located in Ostend. This department is in charge of the general legal support of the Daikin Europe Group, active in Europe, Middle East and Africa such as (i) to monitor and ensure that the Group’s various activities are consistent with the (national and/or international) laws and regulations, (ii) GDPR, (iii) contract management, (iv) assistance in various projects including M&A and (v) to identify (legal) risks, internal and external, which can cause a negative impact on the Daikin business and image.
First, you will assist the implementation of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) entering into force May 2018. Such as assistance in the organisation of workshops, helping with the search of different contracts and checking/changing data, making PowerPoint presentations, …
Secondly, you will be active in different legal-related tasks:
- Scanning contracts and updating request database + J-SOX controls
- Contract management follow-up towards the business
- Implementing new (automatic) Daikin Europe Group contract management system), transition from old contract database
- Certain aspects of corporate housekeeping Daikin Europe Group
- Maintaining a transparent legal library
- Performing administrative formalities (e.g. secretary internal meeting and preparing meeting minutes, organisation trainings …)
When you’re more familiar with our company, you will be completing basic standard contract templates (e.g. confidentiality statement / agreement, commission agreements) based upon checklists completed by the business.
- You hold a bachelor degree with an interest in legal issues
- Experience is a plus, but not mandatory
- Excellent knowledge of English is required (knowledge of Dutch/French/German or another European language is a plus)
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent organizational skills and pragmatic attitude
- Precision and punctuality is a must
- You can handle confidential matters
- Optimistic and motivated attitude
- Being IT minded is a plus
Daikin Europe N.V. offers a varied and international feature, where you can work independently and where you can take initiative. You will work in a solid and growing company which is a world leader, encouraging its employees to flourish. You will be part of a professional and dynamic team, where team spirit is put forward. You will benefit from extensive internal and external coaching.
Daikin Europe N.V. offers a package of competitive salary related to experience/talents and a package of extra-legal benefits.