The legal department of Daikin Europe N.V. is looking for a Legal Counsel to strengthen its team in Brussels. The Legal Counsel reports to CLO Daikin Europe Group (Daikin Europe N.V. and its subsidiaries).
As Legal Counsel, you will work in the legal department of Daikin Europe N.V. located in Brussel. This department is in charge of the general legal support of the Daikin Europe Group, active in Europe, Middle East and Africa such as (i) to monitor and ensure that the Group’s various activities are consistent with the (national and/or international) laws and regulations, (ii) GDPR, (iii) contract management, (iv) assistance in various projects including M&A and (v) to identify (legal) risks, internal and external, which can cause a negative impact on the Daikin business and image.
Your main task will be:
- All types of contracts including non-disclosure agreements, distributorship agreements, international key account agreements, R&D agreements, IP related agreements etc. in close collaboration with the business
You will also be responsible for:
- Implementation of the GDPR within the Daikin Europe group
- Follow up and reporting on pending legal disputes and court cases related to the Daikin Europe Group
- Belgian Master in Law
- Minimum 3 years of experience as in-house legal counsel in an international business environment
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English (knowledge of German and/or Italian/ Spanish is a plus)
- Dedicated team player
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proactive and business-minded
- Good communicator, both internal and external
- Precision and punctuality
Daikin Europe N.V. offers a varied and international feature, where you can work independently and where you can take initiative. You will work in a solid and growing company which is a world leader, encouraging its employees to flourish. You will be part of a professional and dynamic team, where team spirit is put forward. You will benefit from extensive internal and external coaching.
Daikin Europe N.V. offers a package of competitive salary related to experience/talents and a package of extra-legal benefits.