The Corporate Planning department, located in Brussels, consists of 3 sections: Strategic-, Corporate- and Sales Planning. These sections together coordinate the strategy making and execution for Daikin in the entire EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). The department is responsible for drilling down the strategy into annual budgets and realizing the group targets. This is done in cooperation with all sales and manufacturing entities, as well as with other departments. As a backbone for group-wide reporting, the department takes care of the management of the sales-, margin-, and pricing data, as well as collecting and reporting market intelligence. As mission, Corporate Planning safeguards and manages profitability, via periodic reporting to top-management, close follow-up and by proposing countermeasure actions.
Furthermore, the department is responsible for the development and implementation of corporate governance and internal controls in the group (e.g. J-SOx and system access). Finally, Corporate Planning takes on any project that is considered priority by top-management. Thanks to its skilled, complementary team, the department is able to meet the deadlines and deliver high-quality work.
In addition to the group-wide responsibilities, the team is responsible for the financial controlling of the Belgian and Dutch sales companies. For this latter part, we are looking for a new experienced colleague.
- Your main responsibility will be corporate planner of Daikin Belgium
- You will be based both in Daikin Belgium (Wavre, up to 60%) as well as in the Corporate Planning HQ team in Brussels (located in the Coca-Cola building in Anderlecht).
- You will be in charge of the annual planning and analysis of variations with a complete P/L view of the Belgian sales entity.
- You will also discuss and challenge the expenses of the different departments.You will be a sparring partner for the local managing director and prepare reporting and ad-hoc analyses in cooperation with the business.
- You will critically think along with the company and initiate and support decisions.
- Furthermore, you will be involved in projects of different nature: optimization of reporting, process improvement, legal, J-SOx…
- In the future, other sales companies in the EMEA region may be added to the scope of direct financial controlling, e.g. Daikin Netherlands. So working abroad can be part of the job.
- Master's degree and minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position (prior Big 4 experience is an asset)
- Work accurately with the ability to dig into the details, without losing the helicopter view;
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrate good communication skills;
- Flexible, result driven with a strong focus on improvements;
- Takes initiatives and can work independently;
- Working language is English, good command of Dutch and French are needed;
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits. A car can be part of the package.
This function offers an excellent stepping stone to take on more responsibilities in a planning-oriented function or a detachment abroad at one of our EMEA affiliates.