As a Production Quality Engineer, you are member of the EMEA Quality Assurance Center. This department is responsible for supporting and advising our European network of affiliates and distributors concerning Product Quality Management. Your main role will be to manage the Production Quality related problems.
Your responsibilities and challenges:
- Your colleagues from our EMEA Quality Assurance Center team manage the product quality claims they receive from the Daikin Europe Network of affiliates and distributors. When they detect that a production quality claim is caused by one of our supplying factories, you will take leadership in contacting the factory to set-up an action plan in order to countermeasure the problem.
- During the root-cause analysis you will check the production process, where required join the analysis of the defect units, and have a technical discussion to achieve a thorough understanding of the cause.
- After the root-cause has been detected and the issue is technically solved you will confirm that production process has been upgraded to prevent re-occurrence and come to an agreement on the financial responsibility.
- As production quality specialist you are also involved in aligning production quality standards within EMEA factories and you are the reference person within Quality Assurance Center for Production Process Quality systems.
- As a Production Quality specialist you are also in charge of auditing new Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) unit suppliers and keeping in contact with the different quality departments of the factories concerned.
- Your function can exceed the European dimension. You are prepared to frequently take short trips abroad.
- Sporadic support to other EMEA factories on project base could be part of your job contents.
- You obtained a master degree in industrial engineering
- You are a motivated solution-oriented go-getter
- You’re a recent graduate or someone who already has experience in the field
- You like to work as a team and have strong administrative skills
- You are fluent in English. Any other European language is an asset
- You are looking forward to make regular foreign business trips. This can take up approximately 50% of your time.
- You are an MS-Office literate
- Knowledge of refrigeration and/or air-conditioning is an asset
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.