The Product Development Section is part of the EMEA Development Centre. For new developments the engineers communicate and collaborate closely with the related manufacturing and design groups to development new technologies from initial concept to prototype.
As development engineer, you will be involved in the development of heat pumps, taking into account the requirements of the different stakeholders (customers, manufacturing…). You are the link between the local department teams (Design, Quality, Production, Sales, Procurement) on the one hand, and the suppliers and external parties on the other hand.
Your responsibilities are:
- Propose new design solutions from initial concept to prototype to meet the market requirements, specifically related to your discipline (noise & vibrations)
- Introduce state of the art measuring equipment & data acquisition systems in order to optimise the design of our units in the field of noise & vibrations.
- Introduce simulation tools to reduce development time & effort in the field of noise & vibrations.
- Design and evaluate new components with the support of colleague designers
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities for products and/or quality, cost optimization, standardization..
- Take ownership of your projects (coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved..).You will regularly discuss your interim results with your management
- Lead technical discussions with internal clients and external suppliers/manufacturers
- Define the product specifications
- Define the testing and adaptation of the products in accordance with relevant regulations
- Providing training to R&D engineers with respect to noise and vibration theory and issues
- You have a Master degree (preferably PhD) in civil engineering, speciality “noise & vibration”.
- You have experience during your PhD or during previous work experience in the field of noise & vibration, specifically in the field of data acquisition & simulation of noise & vibration issues.
- A strong technical and analytical background
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, set priorities and guard deadlines.
- You have great communication skills
- You can work independently and in team
- Good knowledge of English is essential
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.