The Marketing department at Daikin Europe N.V. supports and directs the marketing activities within the EMEA Region. This in close collaboration with the different affiliates in these territories.
The EMEA Department Manager Marketing has to develop a long term marketing strategy, translate this strategy into specific marketing action plans and execute this plans together with his/her marketing department of about 20 marketing professionals. You drive change through the marketing department towards a digital driven marketing organisation. You support the network of 13 affiliated companies and distributors in the EMEA region (with focus on Europe) in rolling out their sales and marketing activities. You look for synergies and roll out marketing best practices between the countries. By following trends in the market, monitoring competition, following targets and developments within the company and carefully consulting the affiliate network, you offer marketing added value together with your team.
The EMEA Department Manager Marketing manages 3 teams, each with their own area of responsibility:
- One team is in charge of digital oriented tools and supports amongst others all the internet and extranet sites, the selection software for the products sold in the commercial segment, the set up and expansion of e-commerce sites, the CRM modules and the underlying development of database applications;
- Another team supports the promotion and launching of products by timely delivering product information to the market through commercial and technical literature and digital publishing platforms and coordinates the creation of promotional campaigns and product launches;
- The third team is in charge of the organisation of seminars abroad for customers, visits to the factory in Ostend, supporting exhibitions and point of sales activities.
- Master’s degree in business economics and/or marketing, or equal by relevant experience; additional education in (digital) marketing is a strong asset;
- Solid marketing experience in a B2B and preferably also in a B2C context, in the sector of home appliances or building related products in an international environment;
- Seasoned people manager with the ability to lead, motivate and coach large teams;
- Experience in HVAC is an asset;
- Experience in digital marketing (intranet/extranet, e-commerce, CRM, web content management systems, …) is a must;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral; knowledge of other European languages such as Dutch and French is a strong asset;
- Living on an acceptable distance of Ostend (or willing to relocate), willing to work approximately 1 day per week in Brussels; willing to travel in the EMEA region for about 3 to 5 days per month.
Daikin is the global market leader for HVAC equipment, including heat pump and refrigeration solutions. The position of Department Manager Marketing is a challenging role with a combination of people management, strategy, operations and change, in an international context. In this role, you are are one of the key players within the Daikin Europe organization.