Our compliance team supports the business to ensure zero liability pertaining to regulatory compliance, in a timely, reliable and cost-effective manner. They drive our various compliance projects throughout the EMEA region, coordinating and advising our development centres in Belgium, Germany, Turkey and Czech Republic.
They advocate the internal process to ensure all compliance considerations are incorporated in our product categories and are responsible for researching requirements in multiple jurisdictions and more specific disciplines (PED, EMC, safety, environment, ecodesign..).
As compliance engineer, you divide your time and attention between technical, informative, administrative work (research, analysis, reporting) and communicating and consulting internally with the local development teams and externally with the development centres in the EMEA region, our HQ in Japan and the governmental agencies.
- Work productively with the rest of the compliance team and other departments (development engineers, sales, legal) to ensure that parts and products sourced and manufactured by Daikin are compliant with legal regulations and requirements through the product development process
- Monitor regulations and advisory bulletins to understand the impacts to compliance by conducting impact analysis in order to manage process/program changes where necessary, and determine appropriate compliance approach
- Lead design reviews, test plan preparations and modifications, troubleshooting
- Perform product and design reviews for internal clients and regulatory bodies, prepare and modify test plans and respond to inquiries with regard to product/part compliance
- Capture and maintain the company’s compliance and requirements documentation, standard references, testing, declaration and certifications within the records management systems to ensure accuracy, completeness and security of the administration of compliance related documents
- Write technical assessments and summary reports of findings
- Review and translation of legal requirements into test documents and design concepts
- Lead agency and regulatory approval processes and submittals, participation in factory audit
- Arrange product testing with external testing laboratories
- Support the Compliance team in the development of common (best) practices
- Develop procedures and training for compliance with new or existing regulations
- Master degree in engineering
- Knowledge of data and quality management systems is desirable (ISO, …)
- Emerging business acumen
- Able to effectively define world-class processes in specifications and procedures
- Able to analyse date and information and extract relevant factors
- Strong organisation and documentation abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent problem solving techniques, able to track and resolve issues
- Ability to work with ambiguities
- Able to multitask and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong cross-functional and collaborative team skills with excellent interpersonal awareness
- Able to work effectively with various levels within the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning, you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.