The EMEA Development Control department is part of Daikin's EMEA Development Center (EDC). EDC’s mission is the development of Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration products and related Control Systems for EMEA market. In a context of strong growth, our responsibility is to provide the necessary support to our R&D departments to guarantee QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) of the development projects, which involves:
- Resource (expense and investment budget, manpower) planning and follow-up
- Guarantee and improve internal processes and systems (plm, ppm, pdm, cad,…)
- Planning of development projects, from intake to delivery
- Creation of installation and operation manuals for our products
As a Business Process Officer you constantly contribute to the optimisation of the processes and related systems with a view to increasing overall efficiency at EDC. This by observing and analysing all our different activities.
- Identifying the need for new processes and supporting tools, as well as for improving/adapting existing ones when conditions change.
- Defining the most appropriate solution and implementing/promoting it.
- Monitoring the correct functioning of the implemented solutions.
- Maintaining and finetuning when and where necessary.
- Buying in support from all stakeholders throughout the organization.
- As EDC is spread over several locations in Europe, it is our challenge to standardize these processes and systems across all bases.
More specifically, you will be involved in the following projects/activities:
- Monitor & improve the product design review process and its related procedures. KPI target setting and follow-up. Enhance reporting to management.
- ISO management (preparation of audits, document control, …).
- Integrate project budget follow-up into PLM.
- Efficiency improvement for design product data management.
- Support in maintenance of PPM tool and processes linked to it.
- Organize & improve training for newcomers, key users and stakeholders in general.
- You hold a Master degree, preferably in Engineering or Business Administration or a combination of both.
- You have a critical spirit, you question the status quo and look constantly for improvement.
- You are analytical, while keeping a view on the bigger picture. You are able to find simplicity in complexity.
- You have an affinity for planning, processes, systems and IT matters.
- You are an effective communicator, a team player and you are comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- You are proficient in English.
- Knowledge of CAD, PDM, PLM, PPM systems is not required, but considered an asset.
- This function is open both for young experienced and recently graduated candidates.
- The job location is Oostende, but your function will require your presence in our Brussels office twice a week.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.