The financial activities of Daikin companies in the EMEA area are organised by the Daikin Europe Co-ordination Centre N.V. (DECC). In an international context DECC is involved in all aspects of finance, accounting, credit control and project of corporate and economic nature.
The accounting team is 9 persons strong and carries the responsibility over the monthly, quarterly and yearly result determination of the EMEA headquarter (DENV), DECC & some of its affiliates as well as for the execution of the EMEA group consolidation and the reporting of consolidated results.
- You are responsible or closings of DENV and DECC books according to the group standards (IFRS-J) as well as to the Belgian statutory rules. You follow-up and monitor the operational accounting tasks and assists the team when necessary. You supervise the strict workflow in function of the deadlines and evaluate the existing systems and procedures in order to optimize the day to day operations. Based on the internal control procedures (according to J-Sox rules), you ensure the correctness of the figures and procedures. You work closely together with the auditors (internal and external); with the department Finance, Corporate Planning and Manufacturing Planning and with the DENV Shared Service Centre.
- You support your colleagues in the accounting team in the consolidation activities on EMEA level. This can involve as well control activities, the consolidation process itself and the resulting reporting to our mother company.
- You will be involved in accounting related projects such as the implementation and/or change to DENV accounting systems (SAP, BW, …), the optimization and harmonization of the European reporting and valuation rules and will cooperate with the other departments/affiliates.
- You have a Master degree, preferably in an economical area.
- You have 2-3 year relevant experience in a similar position or were employed in a big 4 company, preferably in an international context
- A good knowledge of IFRS and Belgian GAAP is recommended
- You have strong analytical skills, can keep the overview in all situations and think out-of-the-box.
- You have an interest in IT systems
- Experience with SAP-FI and/or BW is an advantage
- As a team player you take initiative, are eager to learn and work efficiently
- You are flexible and communicative
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.