The IT Center EMEA consists out of 3 departments: IT Planning, IT Development and IT Infrastructure. The IT Infrastructure Development team is responsible for the implementation of the infrastructure projects to support the Daikin EMEA business.
The headquarter of the IT EMEA region is located in Oostende. You will join a team of 75 colleagues who are located in Oostende but also in our subsidiary in Madrid. Being part of an IT headquarter, you will have impact on decisions made for the whole organisation. In terms of scope, EMEA has different standards than a local company. At IT they also run ahead of some new technologies such as Office 365 and the use of cloud data centers.
Standardization and consolidation are key-words in several on-going projects in order to construct the most lean IT architecture, balancing cost and performance, for the whole EMEA region. Other projects target the introduction of new technologies to improve the working of our business.
After introduction and training, you will be responsible for:
- Coaching a team of System Engineers and Project Leaders, responsible for project and change requests related to the IT Infrastructure in the EMEA region.
- Identifying the incoming requests from the planning department or the business and planning the workload for your team members.
- Organizing practical arrangements e.g. introduction new colleagues, answering technical questions, act as a sparring partner for less experienced colleagues.
- Managing complex or strategic projects
- You hold Master degree in IT or have a Bachelor degree with proven experience.
- You already have knowledge in some IT Infrastructure technologies, such as SAP B/C, cloud computing, desk top management, mobile device management, Office 365, Azure, …
- You have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in an IT project.
- Having experience in project or team management is a plus.
- You are fluent in English.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.