Daikin offers a wide range of products (heating, refrigeration, ventilation and air conditioning) that are sold in the EMEA territory. The service jobs on these products include commissioning, (warranty) repair and maintenance. The service jobs on these products has to be executed against the highest quality standards and where possible also generate profit.
Within Daikin Europe NV, the Service Operations Division acts as an EMEA headquarter, managing the following processes:
- technical support
- service learning & development
- warranty process in EMEA
- spare parts operations.
It is the appreciated point of contact for Daikin’s customers within the EMEA region (affiliates, distributors and installation companies).
Spare parts operations cover the following processes:
- demand planning
- master data management
- parts pricing management
- sales order management
- liaison with Supply center to interact with warehouse (warehouse operations are not in scope).
For spare parts, clients in the EMEA region are delivered through a European Distribution Center (EDC) located in Ostend, 15 Regional Distribution Centers (RDC) and about 150 Forward Stock Locations (FSL).
Purpose of the job of Senior Service Manager Spare Parts is to lead, manage and further optimize the Spare Parts Operations Department in Daikin’s EMEA headquarters in Ostend. The main goal in this function is to secure that parts are available for the EMEA market at lowest inventory cost and acceptable price levels for the end-user.
- Make sure that spare parts operations are well managed (KPI managed processes);
- Interact with various stakeholders such as your own organisation, the Daikin factories, the Regional Distribution Centers, the Daikin network of Affiliates and distributors, top management;
- Explore market conditions, collect business goals and analyse internal operations to develop a long term strategy, seek approval and implement it;
- Demand and inventory planning is required for about 80 000 part items. Optimize inventory levels across the supply chain, including the central EDC and regional RDC’s.
- Parts procurement (mostly to the Daikin factories). Follow up the supply performance and assess/negotiate with factories to minimize lead times in order to keep stock at minimum level. Monitor that supply operations are running smoothly.
- Sales orders and the follow up of them are key to secure customer satisfaction. You will do you utmost to support your team to solve parts shortages. Amongst others, escalation to factory management will be required.
- To run the operations, the quality of the master data is crucial. You need to manage data cleansing activities and procedures to secure this throughout the equipment lifetime.
- For parts selection, spare parts lists are made. There is a technical team that has to make those parts lists. You need to assure that they are made in time, before the sales launch of a new unit and that the quality is maintained through the equipment life time so that the parts selection process goes smoothly.
- All parts need to be priced on yearly basis. You have to assess market conditions (e.g. supplier price up) and propose price adjustments in line with customers’ expectations.
- You will suggest or contribute to any system development for parts operations. In that respect you will be involved in company projects where IT systems are renewed or upgraded and where there is an impact for spare parts.
- Master’s degree in Commercial Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Applied Economics;
- At least 10 years professional experience in managing service operations in a profit driven service environment (HVAC installation & service, elevator and escalator, IT, machinery, industrial trucks & utility vehicles, industrial cleaning machinery, pump and valve equipment …);
- People management experience, ideally acquired in an international, multicultural environment;
- Languages: an excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is absolutely necessary due to the internal structures and the international character of the function. Any additional foreign language is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the standard Microsoft tools, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint is expected. Knowledge of SAP is a strong asset, as well as knowledge of Servigistics;
- Experience as a change agent, driving change through an organisation is a must;
- Cost awareness combined with strong conceptual and analytical skills;
- Pragmatic hands-on attitude, result and target driven, problem solving skills;
- Ability to convince and influence people, thanks to an inspiring and enthusiastic personality;
- Excellent communication skills, oral as well as written;
- Creative thinking spirit, ability to think out of the box;
- Self starter who can work autonomously;
- Living on an acceptable distance of Ostend (or willing to relocate); willing to travel in the EMEA region to factories and affiliates.
Daikin is the global market leader for HVAC equipment, including heat pump and refrigeration solutions. The position of Senior Service Manager Spare Parts is a challenging role with a combination of people management, strategy, operations and change, in an international context. In this role, you are are one of the key players within the Daikin Europe Service Operations organization.