The Internal Control team is part of the Corporate Planning department. Corporate Planning is the financial controlling department and supports top-management decision making in the Daikin Europe Group. As the Daikin Group is listed on the Japanese stock exchange, the Group has the obligation of being compliant with relevant internal controls legislation, in particular so-called Japanese SOX (JSOX). The Internal Control team is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of a wide range of internal controls in the entities in the Daikin Group.
Internal Control cooperates closely with Internal Audit and Accounting in Daikin Europe NV (DENV). There is also a close working relation with the internal control responsible persons in the other Group companies.
Daikin Europe Group uses SAP as main ERP system throughout the EMEA Region and for all processes (more than 3000 users, 60 key users, 70 business owners). The system management, including user access and authorizations, is centralized in IT EMEA department.
Within this framework, the SAP Authorization Officer (SAO) is part of the Corporate Planning team of the Headquarters, and safeguards the business interests and compliance requirements related to authorizations for the DENV (G). The compliance requirements are regulated by the BOD of DENV, by the DENV Audit Committee, by JSOX, and by internal and external auditors.
The SAO analyses requested changes in SAP authorizations and approves with the purpose of limiting Segregation of Duties (SOD) conflicts and critical or confidential access, and of maintaining an appropriate concept throughout the group. This involves:
- Daily support to the business by sharing authorisation expertise and communication with the IT team implementing required changes
- Being the first line of support on matters of SAP access and supporting business to identify acceptable changes to authorizations;
- Remotely supervising and coordinating the work of an external team for subcontracted activities;
- From a technical and business point of view, challenging solutions proposed by IT for implementing requested changes, and during projects involving SAP authorizations;
- Reacting timeously to issues raised by business;
- Providing support and solutions for authorization incidents, and conflict resolution;
- Controlling activities related to SAP Authorisations
- Executing JSOx controls to monitor compliance;
- Actively monitoring the evolution of the authorizations concept and user access;
- Designing and performing regular audits on the authorization concept, user access and security risks;
- Being the point of contact for internal and external audit for matters regarding SAP authorizations in the DENV (G).
- Training the various parties involved in the process
- Training key users, including maintenance of supporting documents describing the authorization process;
- For newly integrated entities (during projects and post go-live), supporting the change management for authorizations related procedures;
- Continuously improving the processes around authorisations management
- Concept redesign to better fit the current business context and risks;
- Focus on customer satisfaction, compliance, and safeguarding the authorizations concept;
- Redesigning and improving authorization procedures and identifying best practices;
- Analysing potential business case for the implementation of other GRC tools;
- Maintaining the CSI tool (rule set used to detect SOD conflicts and sensitive access);
- Maintaining all documentation related to SAP auth. process (e.g. procedures for external parties);
- Reporting status to management
- Regular reporting to direct management (department manager Corporate Planning);
- Sharing SAP authorizations status during management meetings;
- Raising awareness of potential issues/inefficiencies to top management, for which support is needed;
- Expertise of SAP authorizations concept and functionality, as well as business processes
- Ability to challenge both IT and business persons regarding SAP authorizations design and impact on processes;
- Ability to raise awareness about SAP authorizations matters;
- Master degree in Accounting, Economics or IT;
- Strong analytical capabilities and affinity with IT;
- Critical mind set;
- Communication skills:
- Ability to form and maintain good relationships with a large number of business and technical stakeholders across all affiliates;
- Professional and diplomatic;
- Fluent in English;
- Self-management and decision making, with initiative for continuously improving both business and technical knowledge;
- Ability to work independently as well as in team.
Daikin is a listed Japanese company and has its European headquarter in Belgium. The main office and production facility are in Ostend and the strategic office is based in Brussels. Furthermore, the Daikin Europe Group is composed of 16 sales companies and 5 production facilities in the EMEA region. Through acquisitions and strong internal growth, Daikin Europe has become a 1.8 billion Euro group, with over 4000 employees.