HR Services and Legal Affairs is one of the 5 pillars on which the overall HR Division at Daikin Europe N.V. is built.
Within this core team - focusing on services related to employment administration of +/- 1.700 employees of different entities in Belgium and a growing number of colleagues in foreign branches, while supporting also the other HR departments in social law matters - we are looking for a reinforcement of the legal expertise cell.
You will be supporting the HR Senior Social Law Manager in ensuring legal compliance in HRM-operations & give assistance in various projects in the Daikin Europe group, both on a local level and as EMEA-headquarter.
This is a temporary vacancy. You can start as soon as possible and we give you a 6 month commitment. Possibly renewable.
- Legal advice to HR management / HR Business Partners / HR Services Team on all kind of employment issues “from hiring till retiring”, e.g. specific employment contract stipulations, working time- & manpower flexibility, employee benefits and remuneration, individual end of career solutions, international mobility, confidentiality and disciplinary matters, suspension and termination of employment.
- Follow up on correct application of the Belgian social law, collective labour agreements at industrial and company level and company internal policies.
- Support in HR legal and policy-matters with respect to EU-company branches and specific contract-management related to virtual organisation-structures.
- Cooperate in various projects e.g. HR-aspects of M&A, GDPR, Brexit, Risk & Compliance management, digitalisation of HR, …
- Consult and liaise with external lawyers on specific employment matters, both under Belgian and foreign social law systems.
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree in Belgian law or equivalent through professional experience.
- You have an analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- You work with precision and punctuality.
- You have strong communication skills in writing as well as verbally.
- You are a dedicated team-player while being able to work independently.
- You are flexible in terms of changing priorities when required.
- You are fascinated to explore employment law in an international context as well as to anchor social law knowledge within HR.
- You have a good knowledge of English and Dutch, both written and orally.
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Experience is not a must, but a plus.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a temporary contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.