The Corporate Planning department, located in Brussels, consists of 5 sections: Strategic-, Corporate- and Sales Planning as well as Internal control and SAP authorisation office. These sections together coordinate the strategy making and execution for Daikin in the entire EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). The department is responsible for drilling down the strategy into annual budgets and realizing the group targets. This is done in cooperation with all sales and manufacturing entities, as well as with other departments. As a backbone for group-wide reporting, the department takes care of the management of the sales-, margin-, and pricing data, as well as collecting and reporting market intelligence. As mission, Corporate Planning safeguards and manages profitability, via periodic reporting to top-management, close follow-up and by proposing countermeasure actions.
Furthermore, the department is responsible for the development and implementation of corporate governance and internal controls in the group (e.g. J-SOx and system access). Finally, Corporate Planning takes on any project that is considered priority by top-management. Thanks to its skilled, complimentary team, the department is able to meet the deadlines and deliver high-quality work.
- You will be located in Brussels (Anderlecht) and will be actively involved in the budgeting and result follow-up in the Daikin Europe Group (Corporate Planning section).
- You will prepare management reporting and ad-hoc analyses.
- You will critically think along with the company and initiate and support decisions.
- Furthermore, you will be involved in projects of different nature that are inherent to a diverse multinational company.
- You are prepared to travel occasionally if projects or meetings require this.
- You have a university/Master's degree in business economics/finance & controlling
- Some years of experience in a similar role as controller or minimum 3 years of experience in an analytical position, preferably in audit (Big 4)
- You work accurate, have the ability to dig into the details, without losing the helicopter view
- You possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrate good communication skills
- You are a team player but able to work independent
- You are result driven with a strong focus on improvements
- Excellent command of English (oral and written), knowledge of other EU languages are welcome.
- Knowledge of MS Excel is a must
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
This function offers an excellent stepping stone to take on more responsibilities in a planning-oriented function or a detachment abroad at one of our EMEA affiliates.