The Corporate Planning department, located in Brussels, consists of 5 sections: Strategic Planning, Group and HQ Controlling, Business Analytics as well as Internal Control and SAP Authorization office. These sections together coordinate the strategy making and execution for Daikin in the entire EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). The department is responsible for drilling down the strategy into annual budgets and realizing the group targets. This is done in cooperation with all sales and manufacturing entities, as well as with other departments. As a backbone for group-wide reporting, the department takes care of the management of the sales-, margin-, and pricing data, as well as collecting and reporting market intelligence. As mission, Corporate Planning safeguards and manages profitability, via periodic reporting to top-management, close follow-up and by proposing countermeasure actions.
Furthermore, the department is responsible for the development and implementation of corporate governance and internal controls in the group (e.g. J-SOX and system access). Additionally, Corporate Planning takes on any project that is considered priority by top-management. Thanks to its skilled, complimentary team, the department is able to meet the deadlines and deliver high-quality work.
Finally the Business Analytics Section is a first contact for all the reporting needs of the organization, independently managing and involved in all company wide-corporate projects It is looking for opportunities to increase the efficiency of the group with standardization of reports, creation of new ones, and improve the existing ones. Usually in a SAP-BI/BO Environment. On top of that, the sales budget process is managed by the team during the whole year for the different budget/forecast cycles.
- Prepare financial models and perform both regular and ad hoc business and financial analysis to support strategic decision making
- Develop SAP/BI-BW based tools to improve the efficiency of the financial tracking and reporting
- On top of sales and financial Reporting, create company reporting tools for CRM-Presales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, HR, R&D, etc
- Understand all dynamics of the organization, determine/evaluate main KPI’s of all departments individually and be able to create a summary of that
- Work with the support teams to standardize and operationalize various internal reporting processes to increase team/department efficiency
- Proactively identify areas of process weakness and recommend improvements to enhance efficiency and reduce partner administrative burden
- Work with a cooperative project management approach towards the different project teams ( schedule activities and estimate resourcing demands, agree timescales on activities, etc)
- Master degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Math or Data Science preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a financial or highly analytical role, with experience in business-facing interactions
- Experience of building and managing stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Experience in estimating resources and tasks
- Full end to end project experience
- Balanced Score Card or other Business Monitoring Tool creation and/or working experience
Skills and Attributes
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong initiative/seek and accept new challenges, and have a high level of intellectual curiosity as it relates to new projects, and finding solutions to problems
- Thrives in a strong team environment, including willingness to assist other team members and share knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to interact with, work with and advise multiple constituencies at all levels of the organization
- Excellent command of English (oral and written), knowledge of other EU languages are welcome
- Knowledge of Data Mining and Analytics Tools for Forecasting of the Business Environment
- Theoretical and Practical Financial Knowledge
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Must be comfortable working with and manipulating large amounts of data in excel using advanced formulas and macros
- Experience with SAP Environment especially FI, CO, BW/BI-BO Modules, SD and CRM is plus
- Expert proficiency with PowerPoint. Must be comfortable summarizing and presenting analyses in a coherent way for stakeholders
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
This function offers an excellent stepping stone to take on more responsibilities in a planning-oriented function or a detachment abroad at one of our EMEA affiliates.