Working at Daikin Europe NV means working in harmony. Our extensive training and coaching programs ensure that you get the space you need to keep on growing. All this happens in a working environment in which communication, consultation and group dynamics are essential. A working environment that encourages all employees to get the most out of their skills. No wonder then, that Daikin has grown into a leading manufacturer of air-conditioning and expanding towards heating & refrigeration for residential, commercial and industrial applications. Moreover, Daikin Europe - with headquarters in Ostend & Brussels - is currently present all over Europe, Africa and the Middle East. As such, each and every employee is able to build a career in harmony with his or her talents.
As a main responsibility, you will monitor the progress of upcoming or revised environmental tendencies that may influence our business. This includes:
- Your participation to trade association meetings, to stakeholder meetings organized by governments (including EU Commission and Parliament) and cooperation with external consultants.
- You will actively participate to CEN and ISO workgroups and committees in order to give advice concerning European and International standards.
- You are a contact to various departments in Daikin Europe, and to other companies of the Daikin group.
- Next to that, you strengthen the environmental communication both internally and externally.
- You are also responsible for the section budget follow up, ISO audits and action plans, and organization of networking events.
- You hold a master’s diploma and have a strong interest in the domain of environmental aspects.
- Preferably you can rely on experience within a business environment.
- As a diplomatic person, you have good social and communicative skills.
- You are learning-minded and you have a clear interest in environmental matters.
- You are used to work in a pro-active and punctual way, independently as well as in team.
- Good knowledge of English is necessary. Knowledge of other languages is a bonus.
A salary in line with your experience and responsibilities, complemented with fringe benefits. You will work at an international market leader that stimulates people to grow and work together. This is a position with considerable growth prospects in the European headquarters of an international thinking and operating organization.