The Corporate Planning department, located in Brussels, consists of 4 sections: Strategic-, Corporate- Planning, Reporting and and Internal Control. These sections together coordinate the strategy making and execution for Daikin in the entire EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). More specifically the Internal Control section of Corporate Planning is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of corporate governance and internal controls in the group (e.g. J-SOx, SAP Authorizations and follow-up of audit findings). The internal control team acts as advisor on internal control matters to the operations in Belgium and abroad (EMEA).
In order to support our rapid growth, we are looking for an Senior Internal Control Officer.
After an intensive training, you will be directly involved in the management of the Internal Control structure of the Daikin Europe Group (Implementation, Improvement, Maintenance). As Senior Internal Control officer you will:
- Implement control activities together with the business and promote the internal control structure in place (also including regular Training of new MD/Process Owners);
- Manage Internal Control Self-Assessment activities for the group;
- Closely monitor and ensure J-SOX compliance for the in-scope affiliated companies;
- Follow-up on internal and external audit findings related to a broad wide range of topics;
- Become a key actor in the roll-out of internal control best practices internationally (on-site support, internal consultant in the field of internal control including process improvement);
- Support the implementation of the Daikin Internal Control framework (J-SOX as well as other ICO requirement) to newly acquired entities;
- Closely cooperate in the team on a range of IC topics (including Internal Control related to SAP Authorizations);
- Be involved in the compliance aspects of IT projects;
- Regularly report the result of your activities to the audit committee, board of directors and mother company in Japan;
- You have a master degree in Applied Economics or Commercial Sciences;
- You have preferably previous exposure in internal or external auditing and/or user access management;
- You have preferably between 4 and 9 years of relevant work experience in an analytical position, ideally in Internal Control (Business and IT) Audit (Big 4).
- You work accurately, have the ability to dig into details, without losing the helicopter view;
- You possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills;
- You will be based in Anderlecht but prepared to travel to Daikin group companies in Europe up to 25% of your time;
- You are result driven with a strong focus on improvements;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written), knowledge of other EU languages are a plus; Knowledge of SAP and CSI or SAP GRC is a plus;
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits (in which a company car is a possibility)
This function offers an excellent stepping stone to take on more responsibilities in an internal control oriented function or a detachment abroad at one of our EMEA affiliates.