The Logistics headquarter department in Ostend is part of the European Supply Centre division that co-ordinates supply and demand for the distribution of finished air-conditioning equipment.
The Logistics team is responsible for the goods and information flow of finished products and for the delivery to customers. Customer service and cost control are very important key-words within the department.
As a dynamic Logistics Planning Officer, you are responsible for a variety of activities:
- Logistic budgeting and monthly cost control
- Selection and management of best-in class logistics providers in warehousing and transport
- Follow-up key performance indicators
- Participate in improvements and projects (actively contribute to long term, strategic changes)
- Search for and promote best practices within the logistics network
- Ensure logistics flows are organised in the most efficient and transparent way
- Work in close cooperation with all European Logistics colleagues
- Directly report to the logistics management
- You have a Master degree in Economics or Engineer and you have a passion for Logistics.
- A couple of years of experience in a similar or commercial function would be a plus but is not essential.
- You are interested in budgeting and cost control.
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in English.
- You are willing to make occasional short trips abroad.
- Your strong analytical skills (reports, excel,…) are combined with significant communication and social skills.
- You are a team-player and customer-oriented. You are motivated by change and take initiative to introduce new improvements. You are able to handle stress and to use it in a positive way.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.